A new firmware update is available through Windows Update.
What you need to know
- A new set of firmware updates is available for several Surface devices.
- There are updates available for the Surface Book 2, Surface Pro 6, Surface Laptop 2, and several older Surface devices.
- The updates focus on improving battery stability or battery life, depending on the device.
Several Surface devices have firmware updates that improve battery life or battery stability. The Surface Book 2, Surface Pro 6, Surface Laptop 2, Surface Pro (5th Gen), Surface Laptop, and Surface Pro 4 all have firmware updates. The updates generally improve battery life or battery stability, depending on the device. The firmware updates are available for devices running Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803, or greater.
The Surface Book 2 has the longest list of changes.
Surface Base 2 Firmware Update – Firmware
- 22.214.171.124 improves battery stability.
Surface System Aggregator – Firmware
- 182.1004.139.0 resolves an issue where the CPU will throttle down to .4GHz, and improves battery stability.
Surface UEFI – Firmware
Via:: Windows Central